TAMESIDE Music Service (TMS) has new online sessions available every weekday to help entertain and educate during lockdown.
The digital offer is suitable for all ages so that everyone can join in and will help parents home-schooling their children. You can watch and join in on Facebook Live at www.facebook.com/Tamesidemusicservice.
TMS moved online during the pandemic to ensure that the borough's talented young musicians can still hone their skills. And their 'TMS At Home' initiative features live music lessons for children that their family can join in with.
The new 'TMS at Home' sessions include:
- Mondays: 9.30am - Tutor Takeover. Each Monday tune in for a different tutor introducing themselves, the instrument(s) they play and watch them in action.
- Tuesdays: All day - Student Spotlight. From 9am and throughout the day, TMS students share their talent, tips and favourite TMS moments.
- Wednesdays: 10am - Songs for Little Ones. Join in singing favourite songs your children will love.
- Thursdays: 1.30pm - Songwriting Sessions. TMS Resident Artists will help you create your own music.
- Fridays: 2pm: Pots + Pans = Percussion. Unleash your inner percussionist.
Cllr Leanne Feeley, Tameside Council Executive Member for Lifelong Learning, said: "TMS at Home is open to everyone, from supporting parents in keeping children occupied at home to families having fun together to anyone that just wants to boost their musical skills and knowledge or join in or listen to a performance.
"Communities around the world have turned to music during the pandemic. Music is a shared language which opens communication both socially and creatively. TMS have adapted to the challenges and continue to support our young people to stay connected to what they love.
"Music also has many mental health benefits and can be a great stress reliever at a time such as this, so I hope as many people as possible are able to join in and enjoy."
Head of Tameside Music Service Kate Campbell-Green said: "We've been busy behind the scenes creating content and preparing sessions for TMS at Home to make it bigger and better than ever with something to tune in to every day."