Mossley return to winning ways to stay in play off contention

Mossley returned to winning ways at play off chasing rivals Farsley Celtic.
The Lilywhites created the majority of chances in a game both sides had to win to stay in touch with the other play off contenders.
Mossley were never in danger of losing opened brightly taking the lead on 17 minutes when Sam Robinson burst into the box from the right, his shot was parried by the Farsley keeper but Robinson was able to regain possession and square the ball to Andy Keogh who’s miss-hit effort was turned into the net from close range by Tom Pratt.
The lead lasted only four minutes though as Farsley’s Leon Osborne played a neat one-two with ex Mossley man Lewis Nightingale. The lively Osborne then placed a neat shot into the far corner. It turned out to be Farsley’s only effort on target all afternoon.
Mossley responded and finished the half in the ascendancy.
The second half followed a similar pattern with Mossley closing down space quickly to prevent Farsley finding the usual fluid passing game whilst also being a constant threat to a labouring Farsley defence.
After intense pressure Mossley  eventually won a penalty on 78 minutes when substitute Mike Fish raced through a gap only to be upended by Faesley's Taylor as he attempted to round him, Kyle McGonigle stepped up to blast home from the spot.
The expected reaction by Farsley never materialised and Mossley should have been awarded another penalty five minutes later when Godwin Abadaki raced through on goal only to be brought down at least two yards inside the box by Paddy Miller. Miller was shown a straight red card but amazingly a free kick was awarded outside the box and Taylor again did well to keep out McGoinigle’s fiercely struck free kick.
Farsley tried to break down the Mossley defence and won a last minute corner, but the Mossley defence again excelled to clear the danger and as the referee blew the final whistle the Lillywhites celebrated a thoroughly deserved victory.