Celtic leapfrog FC United with 1-0 victory at Broadhurst Park

A Danny Wisdom goal in the 66th minute was enough to give Stalybridge Celtic the three points at FC Uniteds Broadhurst Park. 
Athough Celtic produced the better chances in the first half, it was the Celtic keeper who produced the goods when FC United got their chances. Danny Wisdom, Adam Farrell and Chris Simm had went close ealy on but FC United responded by putting Stalybridge under pressure with Celtic goalkeeper McMillan making a number of excellent saves to keep them in the match.
At the other end Simm stuck a foot on a dropped ball from a corner at the United end, the crossbar denying him. The rebound came to Alec Mudimu, but he couldn’t wrap his leg far enough round and his shot went narrowly wide. Charlie Joyce, too, went close, nodding a superb cross from Simm the wrong side of the bar.
On the half hour McMillan again saved Celtic denying FC's  Dale Johnson and Jerome Wright as he pushed the ball away for a corner. The corner was cleared only as far as Tom Brown, but McMillan pulled off yet another great save to deny him awell. Just before half time McMillan was there again bundling a shot round the post.
In the second half Celtic were getting plenty of crosses in, Steve Tames and Chris Simm both forcing errors in the FC United defence. Danny Burns came on for Celtic and immediately worried the United defence even more, going close within minutes of coming on, after clearing. It was his skilful play and then layoff into the path of Danny Wisdom who took the ball into his stride firing low par the fC keeper that gave Celtic the lead.
Burns nearly added to the tall after cutting inside he was denied by a superb save. Mudimu too had a good chance from twenty yards, but it was right down Forth’s throat. As FC United pushed for an equaliser near the end they were contained by Celtic’s back four and goalkeeper McMillan. The game finished 1-0 and saw Celtic leap-frog FC United into thirteenth place in the Vanarama National League North.